Looking Good This Summer
The temperature is rising and the sun is shining big time – how do you keep your makeup fresh looking during the summer heat? And how do you make sure your makeup still looks tip top after a full heat sweltering day?
The Hollywood Star
Halle Berry, one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood says she is a “shiny mess” without her face powder : “Face powder, as I’m a shiny mess, and a lip. I have a bad habit of chewing my lips and without something on there, I just chew them off,” says Halle in an interview with StyleList.
We love her well cropped hair too which looks so perfect and carefree for summer :
“I am my best self when I have super short hair. That’s when I feel most like me and most confident,” she said. “Growing up as a black woman, I felt that if I didn’t have long hair, I wasn’t going to be beautiful. I always thought that. Cutting my hair was freeing. Someone saying you’re beautiful and the fact that you have no hair makes you even more beautiful, said to me it’s not about my hair. It’s about something else we emanate. I’ve lived with that my whole life.”
We couldn’t agree more.
Melt Proof Makeup Tips From a Dancer
From Sophia Panych, associate editor of Allure – she has these melt proof make up tips from the prospective of a dancer, and we know how hot and bothered they can get.
- 1) Put primer on your T-zone : forehead, nose and chin. No need to put it everywhere, just the oiliest parts of your skin. This will make sure foundation stays on longer even if your face gets oily. Nars Pro-Prime has a spf30 one that’s good.
- 2) Finishing spray for the face – this is a red carpet/ TV/movie secret and must have to set your make up and prevent it from getting patchy. Skindinavia has a good one.
- 3) Waterproof mascara and liquid eye-liner. Sweat can smudge eye makeup really easily, so make sure you use a good waterproof mascara and liquid liner.
- 4) Face powder is also a must but go easy over lids. Tap excess off before applying so you don’t have that cakey look.
- 5) For lips there is only one way around it : layers. Lip stain my be fine but for lip color to stay, you need to fill in lips with a lip pencil, add lipstick and finish off with lip gloss.
Less is More
Olivia Chantecaille, creative director of Chantecaille Beaute has grown up all her life with beauty products around her. Her mother was the former Senior Vice President and Creative Director of Prescriptives and the tradition has obviously been passed on.
Her summer makeup tips are quite simple : less is more especially when it comes to the face.
“Sometimes too much makeup during the summer months can make a woman look older—think too much self tanner or mascara buildup around the eyes,” Chantecaille says.
“With the heat and the humidity I recommend switching to oil free creams and serums,” Chantecaille suggests.
She also recommends using primers and powders with a spf.
Carmindy is a born and bred California girl, and being fair and blonde has made her very aware of the damaging effects the sun could have on her skin. Aside from the big umbrella, hat, shades and large towels she brings to the beach, she also carries the following :
My Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Rose
Karastase Huile Celeste Shimmering Protective Mist For Sun Exposed Hair
Image source here
- Get Your Skin Ready for Summer (marieclaire.com)
- Beauty Resolution: Put Down Those Tweezers And Clean Your Makeup Brushes — Now (PHOTOS) (huffingtonpost.ca)
- Your Perfect Summer Style: 8 Must-Reads (thedailymuse.com)